ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Off-Topic » Any advice to travel in the U...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Any advice to travel in the UK?
qball
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Group: Members

China

Visit qball's web site Send a personal messsage to qball Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I intend to have a travel to the UK during Christmas holiday. Could anyone give me some advice for the trip? It can be somewhere special in winter, or places that local people always go to.

Because information about famous place could be easy to get. So I hope the advice could be more close to the local life.

I will stay 2 weeks there. I will arrive in London, and leave by Edinburgh. No other details about the journey has been made now. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Posted Nov 13, 2013, 3:14 pm
beelicious
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to beelicious Visit beelicious's web site Send a personal messsage to beelicious Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Maybe you visit "Stonehenge"?
It's near Salisbury/Amesbury.
From London: 90 miles or 144 km.
I was there and it's amazing!

For me the wonderful places are in Cornwall.
It's so beautiful there!

Oxford is a very nice city too.

Bath is also a very cute little city.

I wish you a wonderful holiday!
    If you need a host for your TV in 2020 - please write me.

Posted Nov 13, 2013, 4:31 pm
qball
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

China

Visit qball's web site Send a personal messsage to qball Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you for the advice, Beelicious!
I will send a postcard to you. Please PM me your address. :p

And anyone else?

Posted Nov 14, 2013, 11:55 am
MA_17
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit MA_17's web site Send a personal messsage to MA_17 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

London of course! ;)

If I would have more time than I had last week, I would visit some famous cities & sights and also the coast!

Posted Nov 14, 2013, 9:28 pm
qball
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

China

Yes. I will spend some days in London.
Thank you, MA 17!

Posted Nov 16, 2013, 3:47 pm
Strunki
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Strunki Send a personal messsage to Strunki Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi,
if I had the chance to visit Stonehenge in the UK, I would also go to Uffington White Horse in Wiltshire, that´s not more than 30 oder max 40 miles away, i think.

See the link here: white-horse-hill

There You are also near to the ridgeway and Wylants smithy and a place called Dragon Hill
Listen carefully, when they talk to You;)- They will do so and You understand them, when they feel, that You have the sense for them;)

HelmutBluepantarrived safely home at the end of December 2014 and he had great 4 weeks with Dicker Kumpel at Australia and Tasmania. He brought PieksHH to Remscheid :-)

Charlotte is at home

OleOrangescarf is at home and has a lot of fun with Monsti and störte

Posted Nov 16, 2013, 7:51 pm
qball
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

China

Thank you, Strunki!

Posted Nov 22, 2013, 12:15 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable