ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » What exactly counts as a "toy"

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
What exactly counts as a "toy"
rookeryleaves
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Group: Members

Portugal

Send a personal messsage to rookeryleaves Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Out of curiosity (apologies if this is a very n00bish question), what exactly can be classified as a toy? For example, would you count a pencil topper, a paper cut-out, or even a fridge magnet as a toy? I'll probably use a small plush or a small toy made from rubber, but I was thinking about this and it could be interesting to send out something else if it has an animal/character you like better.

*Posted Apr 12, 2013, 11:17 am
olgamaus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to olgamaus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

It is not exactly defined what a toy is. There are so many different things travelling: plush toys, dolls, playmobil people and even a miniature cooking pot.

Another question is: What would people like to host, carry around with them, show it in public and take photos of it?

A paper cut-out would probably not survive a first trip in a handbag or pocket. Things too small are difficult to be photographed, too large things ... who wants to carry around something that needs its own trolley ;) ?

You also have to consider mailing. Something breakable would not be a good idea, again something really large as well.

Most people like to host a smaller toy, mostly stuffed animals with a weight about max. 150 g.
Photos of all  ToyVoyagers I've hosted to far, here on flickr

Posted Apr 12, 2013, 4:03 pm
Susie's
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Susie's Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Totally agree with Olgamaus. :D
My TV's
Poschti:is at home in Germany     

little T.B. : is at home Germany

Betty Bear:     is at home in Germany

Currently hosting: none

Posted Apr 12, 2013, 9:13 pm
rookeryleaves
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Portugal

Send a personal messsage to rookeryleaves Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks for the replies, those are some very good pointers! For now I just got a keychain type toy but I'll keep that in mind if I decide to have more travellers eventually :cyclops:

Posted Apr 13, 2013, 12:42 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable