ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Dazed and Confused? » How to send a TV?

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
How to send a TV?, yeah I ask a lot of questions
winksnana
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Send a personal messsage to winksnana Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm from the US and am trying to send TVs to Germany. Today I tried to send my TV and a TV I've been hosting. Through UPS, they charged $80 to send a 6x9inch .25 lbs package. Through USPS they charged be $5 and I had to fill out a customs form.

How do you send TVs? How much do you pay? Americans sending overseas do you fill out a customs form?
No longer hosting, sorry.

*Posted Dec 5, 2012, 6:56 pm
MA_17
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit MA_17's web site Send a personal messsage to MA_17 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

If you send to Germany you have to fill in the customs form! Very important!

Posted Dec 5, 2012, 7:15 pm
LittleCableCars
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to LittleCableCars Send a personal messsage to LittleCableCars Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yeah, five dollars is about average. I've become very careful about U.S. customs. I list everything that's in the package and exactly how many postcards. Things like candy and coins might cause a delay so I don't send them anymore. Often the postal clerk will ask a question or two which I think will determine if the package gets inspected and delayed. Maybe that's just me. ;)

I use a sturdy envelope or box, bubble wrap envelopes are good. I think first class international is the cheapest method. One of the TVs I hosted arrived in a broken envelope. I don't know if anything fell out. One of my TVs came back from Germany without a customs form in a stamped envelope, probably was just put in a mailbox. I think that is risky.

Posted Dec 6, 2012, 1:17 am
Grandma
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to Grandma Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

How long does it usually take to send a TV 1st class from USA to Germany? I'm worried because my first TV, Lamikins, has not yet arrived at the destination. It has been 2 weeks. Is that a long time? Should I start worrying that she might be lost? :(

Also, does anyone have a hint about sending, maybe what to do, and what not to do, to make it a more certain journey. I'm interested in hearing any ideas about mailing from USA. I filled out the customs form. Does anyone have some ideas about what you need to write on it to avoid delay? It asks for the host telephone number or email, which I did not have. Is that a problem?

Thanks,
Grandma

*Posted Jun 14, 2013, 4:08 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Sending can take any time from one week to three weeks... sometimes it can be a bit longer depending on where you send it... saying that from Australia it's between $13-$18 to send even the smallest package to anywhere from the US/Asia (cheapest) and Europe (more expensive)... it can be quite pricey when sending a lot of TV's around the world... so I try to host for longer because it makes it more financially viable...

Customs forms are very important and also important to tick "gift"... sending from the US the customs forms are a bit more all over the place (I'm from the US and I've had to send boxes of my stuff from the US to my now home in Australia - one of the boxes through USPS was about $120 to send - ouch!)... but once you get the first customs form done it seems easy after that :)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Jun 14, 2013, 9:24 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

@Grandma - I wouldn't be worried if it's only been 2 weeks... it should be there any day now... :) I also would say if you don't have the phone number or email don't worry about writing it in - it's optional I suppose...

There's no real tricks to sending - just ensure the address is written out clearly and accurately and it will get there when it gets there - sometimes post is just too slow I reckon ;)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Jun 14, 2013, 9:26 am
Grandma
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

United States

Send a personal messsage to Grandma Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks for your reassurance! Now I feel better. I did choose "gift" on the customs form.
--Grandma

Posted Jun 15, 2013, 3:02 am Last edited Jun 15, 2013, 3:04 am by Grandma
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable