ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » What's new? » Changes to Top Tens

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Changes to Top Tens
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all,

Some news on changes to the Top Tens screen - this was probably the most requested change we have ever had :)

The Top Tens now has a drop-down list so that you can choose whether the period that you are viewing the top tens for. (Such as "last 7 days", "last 14 days", "last 30 days", "last six months", "last year", "all time" etc).

The default is "last 30 days" when you first visit the screen.
We have had to drop the Most Viewed Travelog top ten for now as we don't track this by date, we only have an overall total stored against the travelog itself. If we start tracking it by date we will re-instate it. We have also removed the Member Countries top ten as this info is available on the Statistics page.

If there are any other Top Tens that you would like us to track, please let us know and we will try to make it happen.

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted Nov 23, 2011, 11:43 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thank you Neil for your work.
There's just one more thing: The most photos top ten doesn't really show the most photos in a travelog, but the most photos uploaded from computer directly. So those photos aren't included, which were uploaded from flickr or any other photo website. Is that right?

Posted Nov 24, 2011, 7:59 am
Zandy
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to Zandy Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Great think.

I have the same question like Petra. :-) Only this pictures directly uploded are in the statistic, or?!
I'm back here - I hope. Slowly I will came back :-)

My TVs: (If you want to hoste one, please feel free to contact me via PM. Klick on the picture of the TV you like to join.)

Hoppsi:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Hoppsi/Hoppsi-klein.jpg    Santa:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Santa/Santa-klein.jpg is lost :-(    Amalthea:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Amalthea/Amalthea-klein.jpg is lost :-( Germanya:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Germanya/Germanya-klein.jpg    Ayana:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Ayana/Ayana-klein.jpg    Jala:http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n530/ToyVoyagerHost/Jala/Jala-klein.jpg

Posted Nov 24, 2011, 9:44 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm pretty sure, that it is that way, because we talked about it a while ago. I shouldn't have written my comment as a question, because I think, things haven't changed here.

Posted Nov 24, 2011, 10:48 am
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi
Yes that's right, it only tracks photos uploaded directly to the travelogs. Perhaps I should put a description further down the top tens page so that people know.
At one point (a few years back) this top ten did attempt to take into account photos uploaded to other websites, but it meant scanning the text in the travelog updates and trying to work out what was a photo and what wasn't - it was never very accurate. Having said that, having a top ten for photos that doesn't really represent the actions of everyone doesn't necessarily make it much better! It may be that we should lose this one altogether.

Actually while we're on the subject, uploading and storage of photos is something that I would love to get sorted out properly on this site. As time has gone on image galleries have moved on massively (especially when you think of sites like facebook and the way they do things). The forum image uploads that we hvae here for the travelogs is fairly basic - I would like to be able to make it so that members had a gallery here which allowed full size images and thumbnails to be uploaded - these could then be picked into the travelog updates instead of having to load them elsewhere first. We also need tagging for images, which would then enable people to search on them much more easily - at the moment it's quite a big hole waiting to be filled!

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted Nov 24, 2011, 6:21 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Hi Neil,

of course I would dream of this option and you already know that. It already started, that tvs have "missed photos" in the travelog, due to some former members deleted their account to one of these websites, where they uploaded the photos. In some cases I had been so lucky to get in contact with them again and they really uploaded the photos again, but of course you can't write to everyone and not everyone, who you write to, will answer.

I would just delete the top ten for most photos, because it's not, what they really show.

Wouldn't it be better to show the all time top ten at first and then let choose the members, if they want to see the last few days? It would show too, if members are active since a long time.

Posted Nov 24, 2011, 7:15 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable