ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » RRs, Travelling Notebooks, and other Projects » New members round robin

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
New members round robin
fam-united

Member Level

Group: Members

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

This round robin is for all new members worldwide. It can be a chance to find hosts for an own toyvoyager at once and to find guests too, who want to come to your place. It also is a chance to get to know how to host and how to write updates in a nice way.

I will post in this part of the RR for new members, if you are interested. When there are four members with four toyvoyager in one group, I will open a new post in this rr thread. You can take a look there and see, where your toyvoyager is right now and which toyvoyager will visit you at next.

Rules:

- open for new members or members, who just want to participate in this rr

- toyvoyager not heavier than 130 g and small, but you should be able to hold it in one hand and to take a photo of it without problems

- one tv stays for about 3 to 4 weeks and then travels on to the next host, so that it is with this next host at beginning of the month

- Post in your group post about departure and arrival of each toyvoyager

- write all posts in the forum and travelog in English

- write at least 4 updates for the toyvoyager, most of them should be outside updates, if possible. You also can show, how you do handicrafts, bake cakes and cookies, cook delicious meals or read newspaper or...; no need to have "real" sightseeing places at your place - each town, each landscape will be nice to look at

group8

MamiTig

waiting list:
SashiSan

brunochacon

not available:
- slovene and Prekmurcek

Posted Oct 21, 2011, 8:37 pm Last edited Jan 24, 2012, 6:27 am by fam-united
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

My two cents!  ;)

If you want your toyvoy to travel, please give it some life first.  You are asking hosts to take time and be creative, so why shouldn't you take time and be creative, too?  That's how I feel anyway.

A possible checklist before mailing off your toyvoy:
~ a profile description with some personality
~ upload a profile picture -- crop the photo to be square will keep it from being distorted
~ the weight of your toyvoy in the profile
~ if you want to include anything extra to travel with your toyvoy, mention it in the profile AND add the weight of these extras to the profile weight (for example, Edelweiss' weight is greater because she travels with a box, a bag and a ball of cedar) (I'm not referring to gifts that the first host can keep, of course.)
~ 5 life missions written out in the profile ... I suggest making some of them completable -- some people will offer to host your toyvoy just to be able to complete one of your missions
~ write one or two or more updates yourself *with photos*
~ write updates in English and in the first person
~ put in the map coordinates for those first updates

I think this will make you an A#1 mentor to potential hosts.  :)
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Oct 23, 2011, 6:23 pm Last edited Oct 23, 2011, 6:25 pm by kcrawfish
Miiopiio
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to Miiopiio Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hello,
I am a new member and looking for a way to send Harry Jr. on a travelling journey. I just made tags for him. How do I apply?

Thank you

Posted May 23, 2014, 4:13 pm
MA_17
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit MA_17's web site Send a personal messsage to MA_17 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I think this round is closed (?)
But have a look at this LINK. It may help you! :)

Posted May 23, 2014, 9:36 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable