ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Improvements to the site » Exchanging Mentors

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Exchanging Mentors
klubwerks
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Visit klubwerks's web site Send an AIM message to klubwerks Send a message to klubwerks with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to klubwerks Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I was thinking of releasing several wilds and I thought it would be nice if you could give a TV over to a new mentor if someone joined the site and wanted to adopt the wild TV. That way, the profile is already setup for the TV and you just have to move it to another mentor.

If this already exits, please let me know.
Coppertop
Toki Doki (TV)
Esty Shop
My Handmade Soft Toys
Artwork
Facebook

Posted Sep 14, 2011, 4:07 pm
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Like adopting? That would be a cool feature. So toys that travel for a long time already, but their host lost interest in toyvoyagers, could get a new mentor as well :)!
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Sep 17, 2011, 11:34 am
RikeH
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to RikeH Visit RikeH's web site Send a personal messsage to RikeH Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hey,

I asked the same some months ago. But the admin and other didn't like the idea - especially for the case of BlackCat with long-time-travellers - and so the FosterCareHome started.

I myself would like something like adopting here.
My ToyVoyagers :
PieksiHH stays with HoBi.
HolgiHH visits windy62.
PinkyHH stays with goldmoon.
UrselHH has fun with natalina

GustavHH, SunnyHH, NiliHH, TobiHH, ThomasHH and HelgaHH are at home.

UrselHH  the Second was kidnapped by EuroMaus.
MrCoolHH is LOST in Poland at inidhil.
KalliHH was kidnapped by Oppenheimer.
BineHH is lost on the way to vunder

And finally dicker Kumpel stays at home with me. He just started his own website - look here : Dicker Kumpel's website

Montgomery, Mephi,Sansone and Stoker are with me now. 

If you want to host one of my TVs, please send a PM! This year I prefer TV-Swaps.

Posted Sep 17, 2011, 2:35 pm
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have asked myself the same question. It would be much happier to see a toy's story continue if someone were interested in being responsible for it. Even if we can't do it with inactive mentors, do you think we can do it with active mentors who want to pass on a toy to a new mentor?
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Sep 17, 2011, 6:01 pm
nuriayasmin
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to nuriayasmin Send a personal messsage to nuriayasmin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I read about the Foster Home yesterday and like the idea but I think an additional adoption option would be great. It doesn't make sense for me that TV's stay at the Foster Home forever while someone would like to adopt them. If their original mentor became active here again, it would still be possible (if an adoption option exixted) to pass the TV back to him.

And I also agree it would be great for wilds or when you want to give up a TV for a certain but know someone who'd like to take over. Or surprise someone with a gifted TV you created.

So I only see advantages but being new I probably missed all the disadvantages and would therefore like to know why the admin and some others disliked the idea when the topic was discussed some months ago.
ToyVoyagers I'm currently hosting:
Shesh (Germany)
Slowly-Slowly (Netherlands)

Posted Sep 18, 2011, 11:24 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

What do you think about this idea:

We could ask the admins to add a possibility to the profile of each toyvoyager like that:

- available for adoption, if my mentor is offline for more than
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 1 year
- 2 years

- not available for adoption. My mentor would like to have sent me back, if possible.

Posted Oct 1, 2011, 6:56 am Last edited Oct 1, 2011, 12:14 pm by fam-united
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Interesting possibility... 3 months might be a bit too early...
If a toy is available for adoption, who chooses the new mentor?

A thought - maybe there could be a couple of foster homes in different countries, and occasional swaps between the foster homes to give the toys somewhere different to visit...
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Oct 1, 2011, 11:48 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Yes, 3 months is really too early. (I deleted it in the post above)

Emmh, I think, that this could be in hand of the host, with whom the tv is during this time. That's not necessarily the foster care home or rescue place or whatever.
Maybe the foster care home is for those, whose mentors said, that they don't want an adoption, then. And the others, whose mentors allow adoption, can stay at the place where they are at this moment and the host decides a way to find a new place.

Posted Oct 1, 2011, 12:14 pm Last edited Oct 1, 2011, 12:15 pm by fam-united
MamiTig
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Visit MamiTig's web site Send a personal messsage to MamiTig Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

fam-united said:
What do you think about this idea:

We could ask the admins to add a possibility to the profile of each toyvoyager like that:

- available for adoption, if my mentor is offline for more than
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 1 year
- 2 years

- not available for adoption. My mentor would like to have sent me back, if possible.

My concern would be that people would be likely to assume that they wouldn't abandon their TV and wouldn't choose the adoption option. It would make more sense to have a site policy that's set.

For example, if it were the site policy that if someone has not logged in for a year, their TV can be reassigned to a new mentor at the discretion of the person who has been hosting it for that year.

If people know that if they are gone for a year their TV can be reassigned, that seems to be a pretty fair advance warning and gives them plenty of time to check in and tell the host what they want to have happen next with their TV.

If they can choose "I don't want it adopted" as an option and never come back, then their TV is still in limbo.
- MamiTig

Posted Oct 2, 2011, 6:35 am
Leslee
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Leslee Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I wondered that. I have a toy with me now that's owner doesn't intend to Toyvoyage. I am waiting for a reply to see if she wants me to send it back or keep it.
It would be nice to offer to adopt it.
My son's puppy Sam Sam is travelling home.
My voyagers Baby Gonga is resting and might come home soon and Mi Go is back home for a short rest.

Momo is travelling home to him Mum. Alien Queen and Karlie are still here but are having a rest awaiting further instructions from their Mothers.

Posted Oct 24, 2011, 10:16 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable