ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Off-Topic » Giz is Dead

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Giz is Dead
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Sorry this is really depressing and different from the rest of the off-topic stuff, I just felt like writing this down may help my pain a bit.

Gizmo has been missing for over two months (he wasn't my cat but we had fostered him for 9 months before he had to go back to his owner). In case I never heard about him again I was trying to believe that someone had found him and taken him in, and he was living somwhere happy. But he's been frozen in the vet's fridge all this time.

He was killed by a car on his way home, and found by a school girl who went to tell her mum, but when they'd got a bag ready to pick him up his body had vanished. The vets had taken him but they never mentioned this to his owner who constantly went to the vets asking about him, and even putting a picture up in their surgery. Eventually somone else looking for a black and white cat was shown two frozen bodies at the vets, but neither of them were hers. That women saw Gizmo on the site I'd posted his missing profile on, and recognised him as one of the dead cats. Without that women we would still be searching, not knowing, wondering, with no closure as to what happened. And all along he was lying in a fridge just metres away from where his home had been.
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

TVs I still have whose owners have been absent for over a year:

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

*Posted Aug 20, 2011, 8:40 pm
Leslee
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Leslee Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I didn't know that anyone did that! (Deceased cats in fridges)

Sorry for your loss. Cats are so loving in their own way and suprisingly intuitive, in tune with their owner's (friends') feelings.
It sounds like his passing was very quick and I supose it is a relief to know that his body wasn't just left under a bush or something.
Perhaps the hope that he had found somewhere else to live was more comforting though.

I am sorry for your pain and glad that at least you have closure, hopefully.

Do you have a little photo to share with us?
My son's puppy Sam Sam is travelling home.
My voyagers Baby Gonga is resting and might come home soon and Mi Go is back home for a short rest.

Momo is travelling home to him Mum. Alien Queen and Karlie are still here but are having a rest awaiting further instructions from their Mothers.

Posted Aug 20, 2011, 10:09 pm Last edited Aug 20, 2011, 10:11 pm by Leslee
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Gizalba Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thankyou so much for your reply Leslee. I can't stop crying but in a way I am relieved that I now know his soul is safe and the 'what ifs' are over. As you said I am glad his body was found quickly and hopefully he didn't suffer too much. We are planning to bury him on monday evening so then maybe I can grieve properly and move on.

This is a picture of him I took with my phone when he would come to sit on my knee :')

Attached file: DSC01471 - Copy.JPG (232 downloads)
DSC01471 - Copy.JPG
Hello, I have been locked out of my account for a long time as I had forgotten my password. I had made another account (Gizalba2) so I was updating from there for a while, however I am back using this one now :)

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

If any of these owners come back and would like me to post these guys back to you, please let me know!

Posted Aug 20, 2011, 10:38 pm Last edited Aug 20, 2011, 10:44 pm by Gizalba
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

And in one of his funny sleeping positions:

Attached file: gizer 002 - Copy.JPG (135 downloads)
gizer 002 - Copy.JPG

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

Posted Aug 20, 2011, 10:55 pm
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

((((Gizalba))))
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Aug 21, 2011, 12:24 am
Leslee
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to Leslee Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Awww he is gorgeous! All cats are precious but he is particularly beautiful.

I hope you have some nice distractions planned for today
<3 to little Giz
My son's puppy Sam Sam is travelling home.
My voyagers Baby Gonga is resting and might come home soon and Mi Go is back home for a short rest.

Momo is travelling home to him Mum. Alien Queen and Karlie are still here but are having a rest awaiting further instructions from their Mothers.

Posted Aug 21, 2011, 9:51 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this. To lose a pet is always really terrible. He was such a gorgeous cat.:(
Hugs, Petra

Posted Aug 21, 2011, 10:44 am
Eohippus
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Send an email to Eohippus Send a personal messsage to Eohippus Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

A very warm embrace to you, Gizalba.

It is good to know his death was at least fast, no suffering, and that he was having a good life.

I recently lost my beloved cat too.
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/pooh_go.gif  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/mother_goose/MG_08.gif

Posted Aug 21, 2011, 11:57 pm Last edited Aug 22, 2011, 12:00 am by Eohippus
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Aww, poor puss....

Hugs
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Aug 22, 2011, 10:34 am
Gizalba
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thankyou so much for your kind words. Although I read your replies the other day and they really touched me, I didn't want to reply to the forum again until I could give final feedback that Giz has now officially left. In the end we couldn't bury him due to complications with the land where we initially planned to make his grave. I went to see his body at the vets yesterday which was awful, but for my own piece of mind I had to see for myself that it was definitely him, and that his body didn't look like he had gone through too much pain. We have decided to let the vets cremate him and scatter his ashes at the pet memorial gardens. Sadly we couldn't scatter him ourselves because of the expense. But I guess the main thing is to know that he's resting in peace, and I can now try to focus on remembering the happy times.

Eohippus - I'm sorry to hear you lost your beloved cat too :( And thankyou for your reassurance that his death probably was fast. I am sad that he didn't have a long life, but you're right that at least the life he was given was a happy one :')

RIP Giz xxx

Pengy, Tapsi and Jala

Posted Aug 26, 2011, 3:50 pm
TheWolf
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to TheWolf Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

ohhh

Posted Oct 27, 2011, 8:21 pm
rabbits
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to rabbits Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'm so sorry...
Dusk is staying with LadyButterfly.
Lotus is staying with Birdie87.
Kit-Kat is staying with Coraline.
Katie Pillar is staying with Clemy.
Lizzy Lizard is staying with Miapearl.
Viper is staying with Cheshire.

Please PM me if you are interested in hosting any of my ToyVoyagers. :)

Posted Oct 29, 2011, 2:24 pm
miranda98
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

Germany

Send a personal messsage to miranda98 Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

oh, I know it's sad when an animal dies and gizmo was a beautiful cat :(
My Tv Alien Queen(mum)
Alien Princes(daughter)

Posted Nov 23, 2011, 7:47 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable