ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Competitions! » Togs Design Competition 2011 ...

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Togs Design Competition 2011 **CLOSED**, This is your chance to create some
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all!

We are having another Togs Design Competition.  The best entries will be made available on the 'Choose Togs' page, and will be there for other members to use for real!

If you don't know what Togs are: they are the little icons that go at either side of your user name, have a look at the Choose Togs page !

Rules

- Togs images should be between 10 and 12 pixels high and between 10 and 12 pixels wide

- To submit your togs, reply to this forum topic and upload your images as attachments.

- Submit as many entries as you like

- Remember to create a Left and a Right image (even if both images are exactly the same)

- Ideally we would like them in .gif format.  However we can convert them for you if you submit them as .jpg or .bmp

- Images must be created by you (i.e. don't get them from anywhere else!)

- By entering the competition you are saying we can use your images as togs on the site without restriction. (in other words you're giving us full permission to put them on the Choose Togs screen and let members use them). 

- Closing date for entries: 8th April 2011

- Judges' decisions will be final

Prizes

1st Prize: 15months togs

2nd Prize: 12 months togs

3rd Prize: 9 months togs

4th Prize: 6 months togs

5th Prize: 3 months togs

Everyone who enters the competition will get one month's worth of Togs free!  (Only one month's worth though, no matter how many entries you submit)

If you already have togs then the extra time you win will start after your current togs expiry date.

Tips

If you haven't done this before or don't have any drawing software, you can create Togs by using MS Paint:

1) In MS Paint, create an image that is between 10 and 12 pixels high and between 10 and 12 pixels wide (set this in Image -> Attributes)

2) Zoom in  (View -> Zoom -> Large Size)

3) Get drawing!

Have a look at the existing Togs that are available - if you can design something that's not already there, then all the better  :)

Good luck everyone!

Kind regards,

Isobel and Neil

*Posted Mar 3, 2011, 2:02 pm Last edited Mar 29, 2011, 9:15 pm by Admin
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have attached a pdf that tells you how to create togs using "Paint".
Hope it's helpful :)

... by the way, the togs that I created in this example are available now on the "Choose Togs" page.

Attached file: HowToDrawTogs.pdf (960 downloads, 225 KB)

Posted Mar 4, 2011, 7:47 pm
LittleBlogFrog
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send an email to LittleBlogFrog Send a personal messsage to LittleBlogFrog Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou for the frog togs :) :) :)!!!

Posted Mar 4, 2011, 9:36 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I gave it a try this morning and here are my first selfcreated togs. I try to do it better:) Please let me know, if you are able to open it and if the size is the way it should be or if I did something wrong.

Emmh, I know, there should be a left and a right one. And I know, there are already flower togs - didn't want to copy it, but thougth it maybe is a thing I could try at first.

Attached file: Tog Muster rot grün.bmp (882 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togs Blume blau.bmp (838 downloads, 1 KB)

Posted Mar 5, 2011, 6:46 am Last edited Mar 5, 2011, 11:09 am by fam-united
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

Send an AIM message to fam-united Send a personal messsage to fam-united Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

So here is one result for the competition. I thought of a turtle for a long long time and had to try it.

Attached file: Togs Schildkröte.bmp (854 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togs Schildkröte2.bmp (798 downloads, 1 KB)

Posted Mar 5, 2011, 12:30 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Thanks Petra! Looking good.

Just one more note for everyone - for now, please try to avoid putting spaces in the file name when you attach it to the forum post.

The forum software that we use doesn't seem to handle it very well - will fix that at some point!

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted Mar 5, 2011, 1:28 pm
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

So here they come again:

the turtles[img]null[/img]

Attached file: TogsSchildkröte.bmp (819 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsschildkröte2.bmp (836 downloads, 1 KB)

Posted Mar 5, 2011, 1:41 pm Last edited Apr 4, 2011, 5:56 pm by fam-united
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'll have a-go when I've finished writing 14 travelogs (one outing!)...
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Do not be afraid to say you would like to host one of my travelling toys!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Mar 5, 2011, 10:29 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I've got a bunch coming, but I need to make their pairs, and homework comes first :)
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Mar 7, 2011, 2:02 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

four lions - I hope, you can see, that they are lions:)

the first two and the last two belong together

Attached file: Togslion1.bmp (776 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togslion2.bmp (751 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togslion3.bmp (781 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togslion4.bmp (750 downloads, 1 KB)

Posted Mar 7, 2011, 7:06 am
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to miapearl Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

OK, some relatively boring ones, images same for left and right... 3 sets

Attached file: tv.bmp (767 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: tva.bmp (799 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: tv2a.bmp (811 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: tv2b.bmp (773 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: tv1a.bmp (818 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: tv1b.bmp (751 downloads, 1 KB)
If you are interested in hosting any of my toys please message me, or post in the appropriate toys looking for hosts thread.

[note to self]Organise an itinerary for the toys, and not organise hosts at the last minute[/note to self]

Mira has arrived at her new host, another Postcrosser :) and Alfie should be with another Postcrosser!
Toys lost? Misty Rose Baconella Hoots  Bubo  Lintilla - on the lookout for replacements from charity shops.

I have taken on more activities/commitments/responsibilities... still adjusting and may be a bit slow with updates...

Posted Mar 7, 2011, 10:01 pm
miapearl
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United Kingdom

My attempt at my avatar! 2 different images - reversed!

Attached file: emua.bmp (823 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: emub.bmp (771 downloads, 1 KB)

Posted Mar 7, 2011, 10:18 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

miapearl and I had a similar idea for one of mine. Mine are pretty much the same for left and right. I was really feeling the geometric shapes this time around.

Attached file: butterflytogleft.gif (719 downloads)
butterflytogleft.gif

Attached file: butterflytogright.gif (723 downloads)
butterflytogright.gif

Attached file: checkertog2left.gif (720 downloads)
checkertog2left.gif

Attached file: checkertog2right.gif (718 downloads)
checkertog2right.gif

Attached file: checkertog3left.gif (717 downloads)
checkertog3left.gif

Attached file: checkertog3right.gif (712 downloads)
checkertog3right.gif

Attached file: checkertog4left.gif (694 downloads)
checkertog4left.gif

Attached file: checkertog4right.gif (704 downloads)
checkertog4right.gif

Attached file: checkertogleft.gif (708 downloads)
checkertogleft.gif

Attached file: checkertogright.gif (714 downloads)
checkertogright.gif

Attached file: ghosttogleft.gif (702 downloads)
ghosttogleft.gif

Attached file: ghosttogright.gif (704 downloads)
ghosttogright.gif

Attached file: lovetogleft.gif (699 downloads)
lovetogleft.gif

Attached file: lovetogright.gif (681 downloads)
lovetogright.gif

Attached file: pursetogleft.jpg (742 downloads)
pursetogleft.jpg

Attached file: pursetogright.jpg (814 downloads)
pursetogright.jpg

Attached file: snowflaketog2left.gif (690 downloads)
snowflaketog2left.gif

Attached file: snowflaketog2right.gif (694 downloads)
snowflaketog2right.gif

Attached file: snowflaketogleft.gif (690 downloads)
snowflaketogleft.gif

Attached file: snowflaketogright.gif (675 downloads)
snowflaketogright.gif

Attached file: sunsettogleft.gif (686 downloads)
sunsettogleft.gif

Attached file: sunsettogright.gif (700 downloads)
sunsettogright.gif
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Mar 9, 2011, 6:25 am
fam-united

Member Level

Germany

I had to upload them again, because I realized, that I did the same mistake with the names of the files like I did before.
I'm not sure, if the turtle parts really fit together

Attached file: Togsturleleft.bmp (768 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsmosaikblau2.bmp (756 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsmosaikblau1.bmp (753 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsmosaikrotschwarz2.bmp (744 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsmosaikrotschwarz1.bmp (771 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsmosaikgelbschwarz2.bmp (782 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsmosaikgelbschwarz1.bmp (755 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsdevil1.bmp (783 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsdevil2.bmp (767 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togsturtleright.bmp (760 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togseagle1.bmp (754 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: Togseagle2.bmp (773 downloads, 1 KB)

Posted Mar 9, 2011, 11:19 am
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I love paisley, so I thought I'd make a paisley tog.

~Kate

Attached file: BigPaisleyLeft.bmp (762 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: BigPaisleyRight.bmp (783 downloads, 1 KB)
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Mar 10, 2011, 10:35 pm
kcrawfish
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

United States

Send an email to kcrawfish Visit kcrawfish's web site Send a message to kcrawfish with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to kcrawfish Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

With Fat Tuesday on my mind, here are some possible crawfish or lobsters, one with Mardi Gras colors.

~Kate

Attached file: CrawfishLobsterLeft.bmp (834 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: CrawfishLobsterRight.bmp (767 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: CrawfishLobsterMardiGrasColorsLeft.bmp (770 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: CrawfishLobsterMardiGrasColorsRight.bmp (761 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: SmallCrawfishLeftTog.bmp (841 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: SmallCrawfishRightTog.bmp (776 downloads, 1 KB)
I love hosting -- but I am not available right now.  Wish I could, though!  Please read this.
If you experience any bad behavior on this site, please send a PM to Admin.  No need to take abuse even from a member claiming to be a top host.
With her friends, http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Zoe/ZoeandtheGull-1.jpg found a way to fly in Finland where I hope she will stay forever.  It turns out she's more Finn than American. http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/litup1_mini.jpg just lit up watching a beautiful Danish sunset.  Timothy III and http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/TV%20-%20Fiona%20Yenien/fionawith2llamas_mini.jpg were treasure hunters in Bolivia.  Henrik met http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/kcrawfish/Madeline%20Island%20July%202011/Trip%20to%20Mainland/Henriks%20trip/IMG_3054-1.jpg on the shelf of a Wisconsin shop.

Posted Mar 11, 2011, 12:13 am
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Nice work people!

Posted Mar 11, 2011, 6:39 am
vivyanhui
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Hong Kong

Send a personal messsage to vivyanhui Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

just realized that I have made many animals...

Attached file: angel_L.bmp (748 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: angel_R.bmp (759 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: apple_L.bmp (864 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: apple_R.bmp (750 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: arrow_L.bmp (755 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: arrow_R.bmp (759 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: bag_L.bmp (806 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: bag_R.bmp (754 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: bee_L.bmp (827 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: bee_R.bmp (794 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: biscuit_L.bmp (803 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: biscuit_R.bmp (764 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: burger_L.bmp (790 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: burger_R.bmp (798 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: cake_L.bmp (814 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: cake_R.bmp (800 downloads, 1 KB)
my TVs >
Regit Brown is staying with Abby in US, dear Abby, please contact me if you see this~
dotdog is now in Japan.
snakey is heading to Germany (RR)~

wild ones > vili  ||  vala  ||  vele  ||  vulu

waiting for >
Pauli from Germany (Nov)
Mr.Shaun from Germany (Dec/Jan)
Tomi the Bear from Germany (Feb)
Chrissy from Germany (late May - late June)

currently hosting >
King Tut from Canada  ||  Frankie_Blue from Germany (WTVT)  ||  Flossie from USA (RR)

already sent > SunnyHH to USA (RR)

Posted Mar 12, 2011, 12:40 pm
vivyanhui
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Hong Kong

Send a personal messsage to vivyanhui Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I think there's some problem of my uploads that I need to seperate them.

Attached file: cards_L.bmp (802 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: cards_R.bmp (791 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: case_L.bmp (855 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: case_R.bmp (826 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: chick_L.bmp (785 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: chick_R.bmp (759 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: cow_L.bmp (770 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: cow_R.bmp (781 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: duck_L.bmp (758 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: duck_R.bmp (764 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: egg_L.bmp (731 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: egg_R.bmp (780 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: giraffe_L.bmp (760 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: giraffe_R.bmp (746 downloads, 1 KB)
my TVs >
Regit Brown is staying with Abby in US, dear Abby, please contact me if you see this~
dotdog is now in Japan.

waiting for >
Pauli from Germany (Nov)

currently hosting >
King Tut from Canada  ||  Frankie_Blue from Germany (WTVT)  ||  Flossie from USA (RR)

Posted Mar 12, 2011, 12:43 pm
vivyanhui
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Hong Kong

still some...

Attached file: jack01_L.bmp (790 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: jack01_R.bmp (787 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: jack02_L.bmp (766 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: jack02_R.bmp (745 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: jelly_L.bmp (760 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: jelly_R.bmp (755 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: jellyfish_L.bmp (785 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: jellyfish_R.bmp (775 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: leopard_L.bmp (766 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: leopard_R.bmp (742 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: lollipop_L.bmp (1973 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: lollipop_R.bmp (781 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: love_L.bmp (756 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: love_R.bmp (829 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: mcescher_L.bmp (776 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: mcescher_R.bmp (766 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: melon_L.bmp (786 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: melon_R.bmp (774 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: moon_L.bmp (778 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: moon_R.bmp (763 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: pacman_L.bmp (772 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: pacman_R.bmp (750 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: panda_L.bmp (783 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: panda_R.bmp (783 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: piano_L.bmp (785 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: piano_R.bmp (779 downloads, 1 KB)
my TVs >
dotdog is now in Japan.

waiting for >
Pauli from Germany (Nov)

currently hosting >

Posted Mar 12, 2011, 12:48 pm
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable