ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » ToyVoyagers in the News » Finnish travel magazine

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Finnish travel magazine
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

The Finnish travelmagazine Matkaopas (=travelguide) published my hint about the toyvoyagers.com site :) They had a small story about the Czech "we will show your toy around for 90e" company (?) in their 3/2010 issue and I sent a "reply" to it. It's very short (like the other "story") but at least they mention the website :) My reply was longer but naturally the magazines cut the stuff people sent them.

I'll try to scan/photograph the page for everyone to see (allthough it is in Finnish) - at least you'll notice the web-link, my name and the phrase "Toyvoyagers Freak" ;)
Yes! I'm officially a Freak! :D

http://www.postpals.co.uk/banners/static-mdtday.jpg

Posted Aug 2, 2010, 4:06 pm
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here it is :)

Attached file: matkalehti.jpg (193 downloads)
matkalehti.jpg

Posted Aug 4, 2010, 4:41 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Fantastic work Kati, that's brilliant!!

Any chance you could translate your bit into English? Would love to see what it said.

Thanks for plugging the site :-)

Neil and Isobel :)

Posted Aug 9, 2010, 3:48 pm
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Here's finally the translation:

Toy voyaging

In the March issue was a story Pena went to Prague where they told how a soft toy gets to travel for 90e. Cheaper way is to register yourself in www.toyvoyagers.com. Numerous people all over the world are ready to show your toy places - without a fee! You only pay the mailing costs when you send your toy. You yourself can become a host or hostess. Age distribution is from 13 years up, I'm 34. Of course there are risks on the site: a host can disappear from the forum for one reason or another in the middle of hosting. Mainly we're very reliable bunch of people. Especially we who have reached the highest level: ToyVoyagers Freak.

Kati Koskinen

I wish they had printed the longer version... I'm afraid this version makes it sound that most hosts are underaged. I hope that reliability part makes up for it ;)

Oh, and the other rounded part on the top left: Kati Koskinen then again tell how a soft toy can go travelling.

Posted Aug 9, 2010, 7:07 pm Last edited Aug 9, 2010, 7:07 pm by Delenna
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's pretty cool, even if they shortened it. B)
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Aug 12, 2010, 6:54 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable