ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Competitions! » COMPETITION!! Design Some To...

Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
COMPETITION!! Design Some Togs! **CLOSED**, Entries by 28th Sept 2008 please!!
Admin
Admin

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi all!

We are having a 'Togs Design' competition.  The best entries will be made available on the website for on the Choose Togs page, and will be there for other members to use for real!

If you don't know what Togs are: they are the little icons that go at either side of your user name, have a look at the Choose Togs page !

To celebrate the launch of the competition, we will be giving the last 50 members to visit the site 30 days worth of Togs.  The place looks better already :)

Rules

- Togs images should be between 10 and 12 pixels high and between 10 and 12 pixels wide

- To submit your togs, reply to this forum topic and upload your images as attachments.

- Submit as many entries as you like

- Remember to create a Left and a Right image (even if both images are exactly the same)

- Ideally we would like them in .gif format.  However we can convert them for you if you submit them as .jpg or .bmp

- Images must be created by you (i.e. don't get them from anywhere else!)

- By entering the competition you are saying we can use your images as togs on the site without restriction. (i.e. you're giving us full permission to put them on the Choose Togs screen and let members use them). 

- Closing date for entries: 28th September 2008

- Judges' decisions will be final

Prizes

1st Prize: 15months togs

2nd Prize: 12 months togs

3rd Prize: 9 months togs

4th Prize: 6 months togs

5th Prize: 3 months togs

Everyone who enters the competition will get one month's worth of Togs free!  (Only one month's worth though, no matter how many entries you submit)

If you already have togs then the extra time you win will start after your current togs expiry date.

Tips

If you haven't done this before or don't have any drawing software, you can create Togs by using MS Paint:

1) Create an image that is between 10 and 12 pixels high and between 10 and 12 pixels wide (set this in Image -> Attributes)

2) Zoom in  (View -> Zoom -> Large Size)

3) Get drawing!

Have a look at the existing Togs that are available - if you can design something that's not already there, then all the better!  :)

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 2:03 pm Last edited Nov 5, 2008, 9:31 pm by Admin
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Because they're hard to tell what they are... the first are angel wings, and down from there it's a balloon, a cat, a cupcake, an elephant, a fish, a flower, an island, a ladybug, a heart, an octopus, a smiley face, a snail, a star, a teddy bear and a turtle. :-)

I got a bit crazy making them, they're heaps fun to make. :-) I might make more as the days go on lol... :-P I hope that's okay... :-)

Oh and since both images are exactly the same (except for the angel wings one) should I upload it twice or how should I do that?

Attached file: angelwings.bmp (960 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: balloon.bmp (1992 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: cat.bmp (930 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: cupcake.bmp (920 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: elephant.bmp (875 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: fish.bmp (887 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: flower.bmp (949 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: island.bmp (3125 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: ladybug.bmp (908 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: lovesara.bmp (930 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: octopus.bmp (2233 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: smileyface.bmp (920 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: snail.bmp (959 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: star.bmp (865 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: teddybear.bmp (2351 downloads, 1 KB)

Attached file: turtle.bmp (918 downloads, 1 KB)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 4:19 pm Last edited Aug 28, 2008, 4:20 pm by sararingham
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Visit Admin's web site Send a personal messsage to Admin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks both! These are great! I wasn't expecting such quick responses!

I will look into making it so that .bmp files show up properly in forum posts, rather than just as links.

Mrs C, any chance you could give the files names that don't have spaces in them please? I think the forum has a problem interpreting them or something - I'm not able to download them at this end.

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 9:03 pm
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I'll try again...
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

My cute little ToyVoyagers are Bokkie, Khetiwe and little Ambrosius

I am currently hosting Pinky BearShaggy Bear,  and Squirt

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 9:05 pm
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Send a personal messsage to MrsC Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

MrsC said:
Hmmm, I am in no way artistic and I think these are a bit too detailed... I am leaving them a little larger, maybe someone a little more talented can... ahem...'repair' them for use!

(sorry some appear to be jpgs, I'll try change that)

Sorry, here I go - trying again and I'll delete the first post...

Attached file: achickenL.JPG (1034 downloads)
achickenL.JPG

Attached file: chicksR.JPG (997 downloads)
chicksR.JPG

Attached file: aheartL.bmp (823 downloads, 6 KB)

Attached file: aheartR.bmp (2153 downloads, 6 KB)

Attached file: amouseL.bmp (824 downloads, 4 KB)

Attached file: amouseR.bmp (2242 downloads, 4 KB)

Attached file: amushroomL.bmp (2754 downloads, 8 KB)

Attached file: amushroomR.bmp (853 downloads, 8 KB)

Attached file: anowlL.bmp (831 downloads, 8 KB)

Attached file: anowlR.bmp (3102 downloads, 8 KB)

Attached file: blue fishL.JPG (1029 downloads)
blue fishL.JPG

Attached file: blue fishR.JPG (1031 downloads)
blue fishR.JPG

Attached file: caterpillarL.bmp (859 downloads, 6 KB)

Attached file: caterpillarR.bmp (856 downloads, 4 KB)
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

Have sent Dilbert, HitchaRideDooey, Moley, Jubilee Bunny, CassiopeiaSynapse, Fiona, GilbertBullet, NormaNikkers, Hector and Gracy  on to their next adventure...

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 9:16 pm
MrsC
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

South Africa

Here are two more, same 'conditions' apply as before! ;)

Attached file: turtleR.JPG (978 downloads)
turtleR.JPG

Attached file: turtleL.JPG (1004 downloads)
turtleL.JPG

Attached file: penguinR.JPG (978 downloads)
penguinR.JPG

Attached file: penguinL.JPG (999 downloads)
penguinL.JPG

Posted Aug 30, 2008, 8:34 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Snails!

Attached file: snailleft.gif (847 downloads)
snailleft.gif

Attached file: snailright.gif (849 downloads)
snailright.gif
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

My stay-at-home TV: Wallace

PM me if you are interested in hosting one of my TVs

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Sep 25, 2008, 5:19 am
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I tried, but on paint I just can't get better pics with only 12 pixel on paint. How do you all manage?

Attached file: muster 1.GIF (832 downloads)
muster 1.GIF

Attached file: muster 1a.GIF (797 downloads)
muster 1a.GIF

Attached file: bug li.GIF (807 downloads)
bug li.GIF

Attached file: bug re.GIF (815 downloads)
bug re.GIF

Attached file: dragonfly li.GIF (809 downloads)
dragonfly li.GIF

Attached file: dragonfly re.GIF (826 downloads)
dragonfly re.GIF

Attached file: maus li.GIF (838 downloads)
maus li.GIF

Attached file: maus re.GIF (805 downloads)
maus re.GIF

Attached file: flü li.GIF (801 downloads)
flü li.GIF

Attached file: flü re.GIF (802 downloads)
flü re.GIF
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Currently with me: Knopf

Posted Sep 26, 2008, 8:53 pm
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Send an email to Apperveilchen Send a personal messsage to Apperveilchen Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

some flying hearts

Attached file: herz li.GIF (814 downloads)
herz li.GIF

Attached file: herz re.GIF (808 downloads)
herz re.GIF
my tvs: Emil is doing a foreign exchange to Japan/USA. Roderich is hiking in Canada. Vinícius has traveled to South Africa. Greta is stranded in Puerto Rico. Nami Geneveva seems to have been lost in the mail. Bob Beeker is still in Mexico. Kunigunde is having fun in the US. Kaspian was lost in the mail for the second time.

Posted Sep 26, 2008, 8:59 pm
tea_rose
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to tea_rose Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Here goes nothing! :)

Attached file: birthdaycakeleft.GIF (789 downloads)
birthdaycakeleft.GIF

Attached file: birthdaycakeright.GIF (783 downloads)
birthdaycakeright.GIF

Attached file: houseleft.GIF (799 downloads)
houseleft.GIF

Attached file: houseright.GIF (785 downloads)
houseright.GIF

Attached file: christmastreeleft.GIF (770 downloads)
christmastreeleft.GIF

Attached file: christmastreeright.GIF (767 downloads)
christmastreeright.GIF

Attached file: duckleft.GIF (765 downloads)
duckleft.GIF

Attached file: duckright.GIF (759 downloads)
duckright.GIF

Attached file: carrotright.GIF (769 downloads)
carrotright.GIF

Attached file: carrotleft.GIF (756 downloads)
carrotleft.GIF

Attached file: strawberryright.GIF (814 downloads)
strawberryright.GIF

Attached file: strawberryleft.GIF (770 downloads)
strawberryleft.GIF
Currently hosting: Her Majesty QueenElizabethI and Fritzi

Posted Sep 26, 2008, 11:24 pm
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Visit AbbyB's web site Send a personal messsage to AbbyB Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Maple leafs!

Attached file: leafright.gif (765 downloads)
leafright.gif

Attached file: leafleft.gif (759 downloads)
leafleft.gif
My TVs: Yuri Gagarin (lost in the mail), Lemony, Synapse, QueenElizabethI, Nori, Philbert, King Tut, Yakety Sax

Wild TVs: Archie, Genevieve, Sabra, Orton, Zeinab, Viggo, Yvette, Olaf, Boreal, Parker, Lee, Ainslie, Ellis, Satin, Gad, Felton.

Currently visiting: Hedgie, Roderich, Ewan E. Ewok, Crawfish, Regit Brown, Winnie the Pooh.

Previously hosted: Ollie_Marmot (twice), Mausi, Desmond, Dolly, Lemmy, Yum Yum, Shirley Sheep, Moony, Fenway, Womat, Reinhilde, Greedy, Alizée, Vladimir, Hedgie Hedgehog, Twinette Kani, Jimbo Elephant, Pierre Bear, Gina Giraffe, Dinah Meetcha, Soar, Pepita, Noelle, Frankenstein, Vicky Mouseham, Etwas, Aimee, Hinz + Kunz, Roots Bear, Thiele, Tiger Lilly, Dottie Grace, Hypno-dog, Bally, Cassiopeia, Nasse, SunnyHH, Bobi, Charlie Bear, Ollie Kikabeer, Bussi, Monkez, Marty the Moose, Lintilla.

Posted Sep 27, 2008, 2:21 am
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

a snail

Attached file: schnecke li.GIF (749 downloads)
schnecke li.GIF

Attached file: Schnecke re.GIF (754 downloads)
Schnecke re.GIF

Attached file: tie 1.GIF (757 downloads)
tie 1.GIF

Attached file: tie 2.GIF (753 downloads)
tie 2.GIF

Posted Sep 27, 2008, 9:03 am
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

dragon

Attached file: drache li.GIF (759 downloads)
drache li.GIF

Attached file: drache re.GIF (734 downloads)
drache re.GIF

Posted Sep 27, 2008, 9:25 am
tea_rose
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to tea_rose Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

A pink bow and an apple tree

Attached file: pinkbowright.GIF (753 downloads)
pinkbowright.GIF

Attached file: pinkbowleft.GIF (737 downloads)
pinkbowleft.GIF

Attached file: appletreeright.GIF (742 downloads)
appletreeright.GIF

Attached file: appletreeleft.GIF (728 downloads)
appletreeleft.GIF

Posted Sep 27, 2008, 12:16 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your entries. These are the togs that have made it to the short list - all of these will become actual togs, available for people to use on the website.

The winners will be selected from this shortlist and announced tomorrow :)

Kind regards,

Neil

Attached file: all_togs.jpg (748 downloads)
all_togs.jpg

Posted Nov 4, 2008, 11:55 pm
Admin
Admin

Member Level

United Kingdom

THE RESULTS!!

The shortlisted togs have now been uploaded onto the 'Choose Togs' screen! They look magnificent and we want to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed :)

The quality of the entries was so high that we decided to award five prizes instead of three. 

You obviously worked some serious overtime on the designs, and it was virtually impossible to choose between them.  In the end, we decided on the following:

1st Prize: Sararingham
Some clear designs which fit in very well with the cartoonish nature of togs.  We particularly loved the cat, the elephant, the fish and the desert island.

2nd Prize: Apperveilchen
Some very original entries, we especially liked the winged heart, segmented snail, the ties and the bugs!

3rd Prize: AbbyB
These were excellently done with incredible attention to detail, we loved the maple leaf and the snail!

4th Prize: Tea Rose
Some great designs, we loved the ducks, the strawberry and the Christmas Tree (bound to be popular in the next few weeks!).

5th Prize: MrsC
These were all great! Unfortunately the only ones that translated to "tog-size" were the chicks, which do look fantastic!

Posted Nov 5, 2008, 9:50 pm Last edited Nov 5, 2008, 10:29 pm by Admin
AbbyB
VOTW Editor

Member Level

Canada

Yay! Thanks Isobel and Neil!

Posted Nov 6, 2008, 1:45 am
sararingham
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Australia

Send an email to sararingham Visit sararingham's web site Send an AIM message to sararingham Send a message to sararingham with Yahoo! Messenger View sararingham's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to sararingham Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Wow! Yay! Thanks so much! :-)
I'm currently busy with school so it's hard to make posts all the time, but I am active on the site and I update when I can - I don't like at-home updates as when I go new places and take them with me. I also like to host TV's for a longer period than a few weeks, so they can see more of Australia while visiting me... please take that into account when messaging me with a want for me to host your little one! :-)

Would you like to host any of my toyvoyagers?
Fred Lion visiting RockVixen07 in Texas. Harold Giraffe visiting anni in Germany. Hedgie visiting AbbyB in Canada.

MIA Toyvoyagers:
Garfield, Arthur Bear, Fuzz Bear, Samantha Turtle, Leo Lion, and Hermies, BunnyLove, Guss Elephant, Jubilee Bunny, Mandarin, Shaggy Bear, Molly Weird, Skippy Kangaroo, Veggies, Sheldon, Gentle Ben, Spots Leopard, Sully Monster

Stay-At-Home and At-Home Toyvoyagers:
Toothy Walrus (permanently at home), TenderheartBear, Super Grover, Roots BearJimbo Elephant, Leonard, Lucky Duck

Contact me if you'd like to host any of my toyvoyagers. :-)

Posted Nov 6, 2008, 2:10 am
tea_rose
ToyVoyagers Friend

Member Level

United Kingdom

How exciting! Thank you so much! :D

*Posted Nov 6, 2008, 9:51 am
Apperveilchen
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Thank you! It looks much more cheerful again with togs. :)

Posted Nov 6, 2008, 11:18 am
Pages: << prev 1, 2 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable