ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » ToyVoyagers looking for hosts » Will people look after my Toy...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Will people look after my ToyVoyager?
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Most people who offer themselves as hosts on the ToyVoyagers forum do a great job.  But it is still a big step - you are sending your ToyVoyager out into the big wide world to people you have never met.  Although we cannot guarantee the safety of your ToyVoyager on its travels, we have put together some things to look for to help you to identify 'good' hosts.

1) Look at previous ToyVoyagers they have hosted
On their profile it will show all the ToyVoyagers that the person has been involved with (actually this bit is currently under construction and will be available soon!).  You can then view the travelogs of these ToyVoyagers to see what they did when they were with the hosts, how long they stayed with them for etc.  Look at how many times they updated, whether they included photos, and how reliable they were at sending other ToyVoyagers on to their next host.  If in doubt, you can always PM other members to ask for their opinion on someone who acted as a host previously.

2) Look at their profile and other interests.
For example Postcrossers (members of Postcrossing.com) are often reliable hosts - they are used to receiving and posting things on.

3) Look at how active the person is on this website
If they are active in the forums it is generally a good sign - it means they are always checking in and are genuinely interested in the site.

4) Remember - everybody has to start somewhere
Just because someone is new does not mean they will be a bad host.  If someone is offering to be a host but does not meet any of our guidelines, you can always send them a PM to find out more about them if it makes you feel more confident about using them.

Hope this helps!
We live here.

*Posted Apr 13, 2007, 1:03 am Last edited Nov 5, 2009, 3:27 pm by Admin
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable