ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Hosts » Don't offer to Host too many ...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Don't offer to Host too many TVs!
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Please please please think about whether you are able to Host the TVs you sign up for.

Please try to stagger visits so you are not overwhelmed by the sudden arrival of several TVs all at once.

You need to consider the time it takes to take and upload the photos, the time you will need to do the updates, and the effort and cost involved in posting those Tvs onto their next Host, wherever they happen to be in the world.

We - and the TVs themselves - are reliant on everyone's goodwill, but also on their common sense. If you take on too many TVs at any one time, you may feel overwhelmed with the amount of 'work' you have in front of you, and not be able to face coming back to the site.

If you sign up to too many, you may find their owners clamouring for them to be moved on to the next Hosts, and you might not have the money available to post so many items out.

In these cases, it is often down to us, and to our fabulous team of Moderators, to step in and offer to ask for the TVs to continue travelling (which takes time) or even to have all the delayed TVs sent to one address - and then that one member has to pay postage to get those TVs moving again.

We're sure you will agree this is not fair. Our Moderators are members just like everyone else, and are not paid for their work in keeping the site running.

We would appreciate it if everyone takes some time out this weekend to review their current hosting commitments. It is fine to set yourself a limit of how many you are able to take at once, and also to request that you keep postage costs down by sending the majority of Tvs on within your own continent.

If you know you will have too many 'guest TVs' this month to take on anymore, please contact the owner and ask to be added in further down the list. If you foresee a time when you will not have the spare cash to send on a TV, then again, please ask that you join in later on - we would far rather you enjoy the site and not get into a muddle (or be worried about your finances) than you get overwhelmed, keep loads of TVs, and then not know how to sort everything out, or how to come back onto the site. As a rough guideline, we would suggest no more than five visiting TVs at a time (unless you are sure you can cope/hosting a special event)

Thank you for all the fantastic work you do!
Kind Regards
I&N

We live here.

Posted Mar 29, 2008, 2:12 pm
Eryah
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Group: Members

Netherlands

View Eryah's MSN profile Send a personal messsage to Eryah Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I have a tip of what i do:
I have a calender and write down when i can expect wich TV.
So for me it's clear when every TV arrive with me so i won't get overwelmed with TV's at the same time :)
And it's easy for me to see what it's gonna cost me each month and put the money away so i won't get a problem with the costs of sending.

Eva
My Tv's on the road are: Hurley
Tv wich join random act 3: Josh
The others are @ home

I am hosting: -

I hosted: TheosheepChompers, Nelly, Marcello, Palmeke, Meleleuca, Snowy, Iggy-Korn, Lillebi, Bene, Willy Wau, Davy, Lumi, Margarida, Count, Ambrosius, Roberto, Summy, Nepomuk, Dottie Mouse, Clem, Strider, HitchaRideDooey, Roots bear, Mulalu, Muumipeikko, Henry the Adventure Hound, Bokkie, Amelie, *~Mr. Bubbles~*, Papelbon

I'm also host at the Dutch TV trail. If you want to send your toy on this trail please send me a pm.

Posted Mar 29, 2008, 2:24 pm
Lejow
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Visit Lejow's web site Send a personal messsage to Lejow Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I always send the next hosts of my TV's a PM if its still ok that they come!
My TV's:
Dirkie, Little Billy, Snuggles, Pien, Plof, Sebastiaan, Crocs

I am hosting:
Ambrosius, Clem

I'm gonna host:
Fenway, ducky-duck, Mittens, Lemony, Squiggles

I hosted:
Apollo, Emil, Chompers, Bene, Tony, Meleleuca, SylphidePimboli, Rex, Henry the Adventure Hound, Count

Posted Mar 29, 2008, 2:27 pm
Delenna
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Finland

Visit Delenna's web site Send a personal messsage to Delenna Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I also ask the next host if (s)he can take the tv at that time, just to make sure.

I noticed I was about to get 2 tv's from the same mentor to visit me about the same time, so I asked to be removed from the other toy's list for now as I could only show them the same places.

I was asked if I could host 1-2 toyvoyagers (in addition to those I already have/will have). I asked if I could keep them for more than the basic 4 weeks as I might not have the time for them if they visited only for a month (and I like to make it special for every tv). This was ok for the person and now I have 2 nice visitors more and I know I'm not in a rush = have time to take good photos  B)

I've also kept an eye on the ETVT when to expect the next visitors from the trail. If I have agreed to host a tv outside the trail I also keep an eye on his/her travelog to see when I can expect that tv to visit.

So, my advice is to
a) keep an eye on the lists  :stare:
b) ask  ;)

Oh and the cash... I'll always work it out somehow. Just wait till I get a job :cyclops: (more tv's to be welcomed)
Yes! I'm officially a Freak! :D

http://www.postpals.co.uk/banners/static-mdtday.jpg

Posted Mar 29, 2008, 3:14 pm Last edited Mar 29, 2008, 3:16 pm by Delenna
BlackCat
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Germany

Visit BlackCat's web site Send a personal messsage to BlackCat Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

As you know I had this problems and I decided for myself just to take 2 TVs at the same time and if it is possible send it to a host in Europe. I have written this in my signature here now ;)! And I think, I can solve this. I have talked with my boyfriend, who is the man with the money here :) and he told me, that he will pay for 2 in a month, not more (only our TVs are exceptions). So this is clear.
If you want to be hosted - just let me know.

Sadly my dear Wauzi moved to his dad...so now I have sweet little Jonathan to stay with me all the time. He is a stay-at-home Voyager.

If you want me to host your toy, please read this:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=1617 *no spaces available in 2015*

Posted Mar 29, 2008, 3:19 pm
magicwoman
ToyVoyagers Freak

Member Level

Netherlands

Send a personal messsage to magicwoman Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi
i've made a list wich toyvoyagers I host,and its ok :)
My TV's are
Cliff,
Angus
Malcolm51
Bon
Phil
Dio
ZoSo
Lemmy
Page
Ozzy

I'm gonna host:
,Charlie-danger,Victoria,theodor,,Fuzzy Wuzzy,Lemony,Aoi,mausi,woodstock,,Shirley sheep,Jadzia tam

Im hosting: nothing at the moment

I have hosted:Meleleuca,Pebbels,fluffy,Emil.Just_Married,Bokkie,Palmeke,Bene.Iggy-Korn,Clem,ambrosius,trafalgar,Henry the Adventure Hound ,count

Posted Mar 29, 2008, 3:53 pm
Isobel&Neil
Administrator

Member Level

Group: Administrators

United Kingdom

Visit Isobel&Neil's web site Send a personal messsage to Isobel&Neil Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Thanks to you all for reading this, and for your responses. We appreciate your input.

Kind Regards
I&N
We live here.

Posted Mar 29, 2008, 4:40 pm
Kristykirkpatrick
ToyVoyagers Fanatic

Member Level

United States

Send an email to Kristykirkpatrick Visit Kristykirkpatrick's web site Send a message to Kristykirkpatrick with Yahoo! Messenger Send a personal messsage to Kristykirkpatrick Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

I always buy postage to send the TV on to the next host and put in an envelope for that TV before I agree to host. It seems to work so far!
~Kristy Kirkpatrick Hotel Trail Coordinator
Concierge Texas travel log shows all going on at Travel Inn Texas!

Travel Inn Texas visitors:
1 vacancy- minis only. 3" or smaller. padded envelope traveler preferred.

Travel Inn voyagers at home:
Nolan
Concierge Texas Concierge for Travel Inn Texas

Traveling Toyvoyagers
Arty Bunneh visiting ladybutterfly
Leif E redswan! Going on travels to celebrate Leif Erikson Day! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson_Day  for more info on Leif Erikson Day!

Upcoming Events:
possible voyage to South Mississippi in Summer.
West Texas-plans still in the works
Louisiana either with Mississippi road trip or sooner

Past events:
Relay for life in May 2012. TVs arrived by January and stayed through May. Leading up to the walk, which raises money for cancer research, We had a benefit dance and sold jewelery and art. We raised 250.00USD. Our team raised over 14k! It was a great event!
Masquerade Ball, Chamber of commerce 50th anniversary and volunteer recognition.
Various events at the Roxy
City Meetings including a city council meeting
Nolan's Grammy's 60th birthday party at the Harbor!
Trips to Eden's Organics Market days for fresh food
Trips to woodland park to play!
Decorating and Opening of Travel Inn Texas!
Veteran's day salute
Met a real TEXAS cowboy!
Halloween party!
National Night Out
Roxy Fest!

Posted Apr 3, 2015, 4:05 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable