Interview in a finnish web newspaper

Eohippus
pikkuaasi@gmail.com

Posted May 15, 2013, 6:07 pm
A finnish web newspaper Studio55 was interviewing me through email about the toyvoyagers, and today they published a short article.  :)
They used some photos taken by me as illustration.

The article is here, only it is of course written in finnish..  :rolleyes:
RikeH

Posted May 15, 2013, 7:08 pm
Henna, this is great.

Surely I didn't understand a word, but I saw the photos - and one of the photos is one of my UrselHH. :D

To get something out of your words I translate it with the help of an online-programm. You did a great job! :D
Leslie

Posted May 16, 2013, 12:43 am
Chileläinen kirahvi :cyclops:
Although I didnt understand anything I'm very happy to see that great article!
LittleCableCars

Posted May 16, 2013, 3:11 am
Wow, Henna; nice article.

I so enjoyed UrselHH, hope she comes home again, Rike.

And I met Tuli one time, so much fun. ToyVoyagers is a small world.
Dr.Kröbner

Posted May 16, 2013, 7:13 am
Hello Henna,
Wow, I didnt understand anything , but its great :D
LittleCableCars

Posted May 16, 2013, 5:02 pm
EDIT: see post number 9 below for a better translation. Thank you Henna.

///

This is a Google translation:

Funny hobby to amuse: This plush travel around the world

What in the world - the little furry animals pose in front of the sights, reissaavat around the world and keep the travel blogs. Toy of the travelers toyvoyagereiden travel images evoke a smile. From hupsussa hobby is all about?

Do you dream of the great travel experiences and trip to the album, which makes the guys jealous? If you are unable to travel the world, you can send the journey even stuffed animals.

Toys, a trip organized by the Toyvoyagers.com site, which is registered travelers. Toy website gets ID.

- Toy travels around the world, spending time with other toyvoyagers-watchers as a guest, and take part in a host family's daily life, parties and holiday trips. The host family to decide for themselves what they want toyvoyagerille show and take photos with toyvoyager, for example, looking at the sights, get acquainted with local customs or what at any given time, the Finnish amateur Henna Lindström says. Photos and reports from the road, of course, will be published on the site.

Lindstrom is currently on a five Adventurer's antics in the world. Each time it's not just lutuisista soft toys, but work around the world, for example, cast iron pot, Lindstrom reveals.

Lindström heard the site for the first time in 2010, and the funny idea inspired people to

- I took a few photos Orkku squirrels and wrote the introduction, in which it stated that he wanted to get to travel soon. After a few days Orkku squirrel got his first kyläkutsunsa in Singapore, and in the first to receive my guests in Germany.

Wild and free travelers

Toys for travel to most of the mail to another enthusiast, and travel plans will be agreed in advance. In most cases, visits last from two weeks to six months, after which the front is either a new destination or call home. Lindström himself to be visited by a total of 15 travel form. One of the cell types, Zoe-called kiwi-bird, from Finland found a permanent home for his owner died of cancer.

- There is also a "wild toyvoyagereita" who "released" to the place where it is hoped someone to take them aside and comply with their sense of call to the plate to inform the discovery toyvoyagers.com site. Toys are exempt from the trains, airports, shopping centers, libraries, and geocaches. A large part of the "exempted" toyvoyagereista, however, to simply disappear, so the release is not suitable for those who are not ready to say goodbye to throw a toy.

Traveling to the great world can be a dangerous thing to do pikkulelulle. Lindstrom warns against sending a favorite toy from another, even a connoisseur, as toys can remain on the path, for example impregnated, the master touhuun or mail a lost package.

Trips on three continents

Most of the devotees living in Europe, which means that most of the items are found close by. Lindström's toys, however, are brimming up in Chile and Canada up. One person has just heading for Indonesia.

- For the longest time traveled with my toys Orkku Squirrel has toured ultimately on three continents since 2010, but the second one with my toys had time to visit only one enthusiast's house in Germany before he disappeared. All in all my toys have visited so far in fourteen countries. The menu can be found in Latvia, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Belgium, Netherlands, USA, Canada, Singapore, Chile and Bolivia.

Ursel, teddy orange tree.
New sites in addition to experiencing all kinds of toys.

- In Canada, visited Sofia made ​​a master with many mountaineering expedition to the snowy peaks, Chile, Petunia was laamafarmilla tapping the llamas and the Atacama desert marveling at the ancient ruins and Orkku Squirrel admired the California sea hundreds of seals basking on the beach, while Veronica participated in the Boy Scouts camp high in the Netherlands.

My place to visit toyvoyager-parat are mainly rämpimään berries and mushrooms in the woods behind, but it is often the owners agree that the very exotic.

"Secondly, the best way to experience the world"

Lindström presumes that the majority of sports enthusiasts is currently in women. There are also groups such as day-care center. A hobby is a great way to broaden your own view of the world of travel opportunities is limited, Lindstrom says. Some of the destinations in the vast array of toys now in her own matkahaaveissaan

- It is amazing how educate toyvoyager-hobby can at best! When I read the enthusiasts from around the world travel reports written I have learned an awful lot of new things from different cultures, local history, customs and different thought worlds of ordinary people's point of view multiplied. This is the second best way to experience the world, when you do not have time to yourself everywhere.

Studio55.fi / Milja Haaksluoto

Photos Henna Lindström
Dr.Kröbner

Posted May 16, 2013, 8:40 pm
Thank you for the translation :D
MA_17

Posted May 16, 2013, 8:46 pm
*thumbs up for the article and the translation*

Thank you Henna & Jeanne! :D
Eohippus
pikkuaasi@gmail.com

Posted May 16, 2013, 8:48 pm
Crying out loud.  :D
Finnish doesn´t translate very well because of our 15 cases and agglutinative tendencies. ;)

Here is a bit more (I hope) understandable translation for you:

"A funny, amusing hobby: The plushies are travelling the globe

What on earth - fluffy little plushies are posing in front of sights, travelling round the globe and keeping travel blogs. The photos of toyvoyagers bring smile on your lips.
What is this funny hobby about?

Do you have dreams of fantastic travel experiences and about a photo album, which would make your friends envious? If you cannot travel around the world yourself, it is possible to send your plushies to travel.

The "travel agency" for toys is run in the Toyvoyagers.com page. The toys are registered and they given an ID.

-The toy is travelling round the world, spending time in the homes of toyvoyager enthusiasts, and taking part of the everyday life, happenings, celebrations and holiday trips with the host family. The host decides what to show for the toyvoyager. Toyvoyager is photographed for example watching sights and getting to know local customs or what ever, tells the finnish toyvoyagerist Henna Lindström. The photos and a narration about the travel experiences are published in updates in the Toyvoyagers.com page.

Lindström is following her five adventurists on the road.
Toyvoyagers are not always just cute plushies - there is also for example an iron cauldron travelling round the world.

Lindström heard about the page first time on the year 2010 and because the idea sounded very fun to her, she wanted to try it herself.

-I took some pics of Orkku Orava and wrote for her an introduction, in which she told that she would like to start her travels, and after some days she got her first invitation, to Singapore.
Soon I myself received my first little visitor from Germany.

Wild and free globetrotters
The toys are often travelling trough post from one toyvoyagerist to another, and the visits are planned and agreed beforehand. Most visits last from two weeks to half a year, after which the toy travels for a next host or comes back home. Lindström has accommodated 15 travellers.
One of the voyagers, a kiwi bird named Zoe, got a new home in Finland, after her owner died for cancer.

-There is also wild toyvoyagers, which are "set free" with hope that someone will find them and follow the instructions in their ID tags to make an update about the found in the Toyvoyagers.com page. Toys have been freed in trains, airports, shopping centers, libraries and geocaches. A big part of the "freed" toyvoyagers just simply disappear, so the freeing doesn´t suit for those who are not ready to say goodbye for the toy.

Travelling in the big world can also be dangerous for the little toys. Lindström warns about sending very dear toys even for another voyagerists, because they can disappear, if for example the host just gets enough of the toyvoyagers or if the post looses the package.

Travels on three continents
There is biggest amount of toyvoyagerists in Europe, so there is also more homes to visit.
The toys of Lindström have been anyway adventuring as far as for example in Chile and Canada. One of them is just leaving towards Indonesia.

-My toyvoyager Orkku Orava has been travelling with great luck since the year 2010 on three continents, but another voyager disappeared already after visiting only one host in Germany.
Until this day my voyagers have been visiting 14 countries. On the list are Latvia, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Belgium, Holland, USA, Canada, SIngapore, Chile and Bolivia.

Besides new places the toyvoyagers have interesting experiences.
- Sofia made many mountain climbing trips onto the snowy peaks with her host in Canada, Petunia was petting llamas on a llama farm, and admiring old ruins in the Atacama desert in Chile, Orkku Orava was admiring hundreds of seals on the sea shore in California, and Veronica took part onto a scout camp in Holland.

The poor voyagers who come to stay with me are mainly running in the forests after berries and mushrooms, but of course that can be quite exotic too for some of their owners.

"The second best way to experience the world"
Lindström thinks that bigger part of the toyvoyagerists are women, but there is also for example some kindergarten groups. The hobby is an excellent way to widen the worldview and the knowledge about the world, when your own possibilities to travel are limited, Lindström is rejoicing. Some places she has been reading about in the toyvoyagers page are now also her own dream destinations.

- It is unbelievable how enlightening the toyvoayger -hobby can be at its best! While reading the updates written by the toyvoyagerists round the world I´ve learned a lot new things about different cultures, traditions, habits, local histories and ways of thinking, told by normal people living inside the those cultures. This is the second best way to experience the world, when you cannot be everywhere yourself."

mmm105

Posted May 17, 2013, 5:40 pm
I just read the article, and "just have to" share it in facebook. :D :D :D

Thank you Henna for giving an interview to the web newspaper! Maybe there will be some new people who will start this hobby now...

Back