COMPETITION!! Design Some Togs! **CLOSED**, Entries by 28th Sept 2008 please!!

Admin

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 2:03 pm
Hi all!

We are having a 'Togs Design' competition.  The best entries will be made available on the website for on the Choose Togs page, and will be there for other members to use for real!

If you don't know what Togs are: they are the little icons that go at either side of your user name, have a look at the Choose Togs page !

To celebrate the launch of the competition, we will be giving the last 50 members to visit the site 30 days worth of Togs.  The place looks better already :)

Rules

- Togs images should be between 10 and 12 pixels high and between 10 and 12 pixels wide

- To submit your togs, reply to this forum topic and upload your images as attachments.

- Submit as many entries as you like

- Remember to create a Left and a Right image (even if both images are exactly the same)

- Ideally we would like them in .gif format.  However we can convert them for you if you submit them as .jpg or .bmp

- Images must be created by you (i.e. don't get them from anywhere else!)

- By entering the competition you are saying we can use your images as togs on the site without restriction. (i.e. you're giving us full permission to put them on the Choose Togs screen and let members use them). 

- Closing date for entries: 28th September 2008

- Judges' decisions will be final

Prizes

1st Prize: 15months togs

2nd Prize: 12 months togs

3rd Prize: 9 months togs

4th Prize: 6 months togs

5th Prize: 3 months togs

Everyone who enters the competition will get one month's worth of Togs free!  (Only one month's worth though, no matter how many entries you submit)

If you already have togs then the extra time you win will start after your current togs expiry date.

Tips

If you haven't done this before or don't have any drawing software, you can create Togs by using MS Paint:

1) Create an image that is between 10 and 12 pixels high and between 10 and 12 pixels wide (set this in Image -> Attributes)

2) Zoom in  (View -> Zoom -> Large Size)

3) Get drawing!

Have a look at the existing Togs that are available - if you can design something that's not already there, then all the better!  :)
sararingham
sara.ringham@gmail.com

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 4:19 pm
Because they're hard to tell what they are... the first are angel wings, and down from there it's a balloon, a cat, a cupcake, an elephant, a fish, a flower, an island, a ladybug, a heart, an octopus, a smiley face, a snail, a star, a teddy bear and a turtle. :-)

I got a bit crazy making them, they're heaps fun to make. :-) I might make more as the days go on lol... :-P I hope that's okay... :-)

Oh and since both images are exactly the same (except for the angel wings one) should I upload it twice or how should I do that?
Admin

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 9:03 pm
Thanks both! These are great! I wasn't expecting such quick responses!

I will look into making it so that .bmp files show up properly in forum posts, rather than just as links.

Mrs C, any chance you could give the files names that don't have spaces in them please? I think the forum has a problem interpreting them or something - I'm not able to download them at this end.

MrsC

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 9:05 pm
I'll try again...
MrsC

Posted Aug 28, 2008, 9:16 pm
MrsC said:
Hmmm, I am in no way artistic and I think these are a bit too detailed... I am leaving them a little larger, maybe someone a little more talented can... ahem...'repair' them for use!

(sorry some appear to be jpgs, I'll try change that)

Sorry, here I go - trying again and I'll delete the first post...

MrsC

Posted Aug 30, 2008, 8:34 pm
Here are two more, same 'conditions' apply as before! ;)
AbbyB

Posted Sep 25, 2008, 5:19 am
Snails!
Apperveilchen

Posted Sep 26, 2008, 8:53 pm
I tried, but on paint I just can't get better pics with only 12 pixel on paint. How do you all manage?
Apperveilchen

Posted Sep 26, 2008, 8:59 pm
some flying hearts
tea_rose

Posted Sep 26, 2008, 11:24 pm
Here goes nothing! :)
AbbyB

Posted Sep 27, 2008, 2:21 am
Maple leafs!

Apperveilchen

Posted Sep 27, 2008, 9:03 am
a snail
Apperveilchen

Posted Sep 27, 2008, 9:25 am
dragon
tea_rose

Posted Sep 27, 2008, 12:16 pm
A pink bow and an apple tree
Admin

Posted Nov 4, 2008, 11:55 pm
Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your entries. These are the togs that have made it to the short list - all of these will become actual togs, available for people to use on the website.

The winners will be selected from this shortlist and announced tomorrow :)

Kind regards,

Neil
Admin

Posted Nov 5, 2008, 9:50 pm
THE RESULTS!!

The shortlisted togs have now been uploaded onto the 'Choose Togs' screen! They look magnificent and we want to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed :)

The quality of the entries was so high that we decided to award five prizes instead of three. 

You obviously worked some serious overtime on the designs, and it was virtually impossible to choose between them.  In the end, we decided on the following:

1st Prize: Sararingham
Some clear designs which fit in very well with the cartoonish nature of togs.  We particularly loved the cat, the elephant, the fish and the desert island.

2nd Prize: Apperveilchen
Some very original entries, we especially liked the winged heart, segmented snail, the ties and the bugs!

3rd Prize: AbbyB
These were excellently done with incredible attention to detail, we loved the maple leaf and the snail!

4th Prize: Tea Rose
Some great designs, we loved the ducks, the strawberry and the Christmas Tree (bound to be popular in the next few weeks!).

5th Prize: MrsC
These were all great! Unfortunately the only ones that translated to "tog-size" were the chicks, which do look fantastic!

AbbyB

Posted Nov 6, 2008, 1:45 am
Yay! Thanks Isobel and Neil!
sararingham
sara.ringham@gmail.com

Posted Nov 6, 2008, 2:10 am
Wow! Yay! Thanks so much! :-)
tea_rose

Posted Nov 6, 2008, 9:51 am
How exciting! Thank you so much! :D
Apperveilchen

Posted Nov 6, 2008, 11:18 am
Thank you! It looks much more cheerful again with togs. :)
Admin

Posted Nov 6, 2008, 11:38 am
That's a good point Apper. To celebrate we will do another round of free togs for the last 50 users ...

Let's say in two hours' time, if your user name is in the list of the Last 50 Users to Visit the Forum, you will get 30 days more togs absolutely free :)
Delenna

Posted Nov 12, 2008, 5:42 pm
Congratulations to the winners!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/a122.gif

Back